Yoga is the safest and natural solution to all your growth related questions! Surprised?
Once if you understand the bridge between Height and Posture then Yoga and Posture; you will then quickly understand how yoga is immensely helpful in growing taller. Yoga is in fact the best, powerful and the fastest natural technique to grow taller.
In order to understand the connection between height and the correct posture, just go through our detailed article ‘How to Grow Taller by Improving Your Posture?’, and get to know how the correct posture promotes 2-3 inches height boost immediately.
Yoga is an effective technique of healthy living that works through postures. Yoga is the union of art and science, the body and the mind, which helps promote blood circulation, detoxifies the body and polish up the health of body organs. Yoga is a 100% natural body science designed to bring tranquility in busy and tired lifestyle. It helps achieve a peaceful and calm mind. Yoga is profoundly natural, safe and gentle techniques for long-lasting transformation.
Yoga is a journey of self-discovery and the ocean of knowledge to attain optimal health and balance. Practicing yoga regularly helps attain stress-free and relaxed mind, and with peaceful mind comes the deep wave sleep which stimulate the Human Growth Hormones (HGH). So, the key factors around which yoga is working are the same that are responsible for the increase in height. Achieving a peaceful mind and a good posture is quite important to grow taller and can be attained by practicing yoga.
Practicing Yoga to Grow Taller:
Practicing yoga regularly though for a couple of minutes can uplift the mind and revitalize the body through various postures/exercises/asanas. Noticeable results can be attained by practicing of yoga in correct and diligent manner. Yoga postures create more awareness towards our body, mind and environment and help promote physical, mental and spiritual growth of an individual. Having comprehensive effect of detoxifying the body as well as attaining a calm and relaxed mind will directly boost the height of an individual. Definitely yoga postures can enhance the overall health of all the organs and flush out the toxins resulting into the growth of healthy cells and hormones. Below are given a few yoga postures that can help you grow taller:
Cobra yoga posture, also called cobra stretch, is useful for restoring and healing spine and the neck. This yoga posture is easy and simple to practice without any extra stress on the body.
How does it work? This yoga posture not only tones the back and abdomen muscles but also stretches and strengthens the cartilage present in the spinal cord by stretching out the spine as well as the body.
How to practice Cobra Pose Correctly?
- Lie down on your stomach with forehead resting on the ground and toes flat on the floor;
- Keeping the legs together with feet and heels just touching each other;
- Keep the elbows parallel and close to the torso and placing hands under your shoulders (palm downward);
- Breathe-in deep and lift your head, chest and abdomen slowly while keeping the bellybutton on the floor;
- With the help of hands pull the torso back and off the ground;
- Ensure that pressure on both the palms should be equal;
- Breath slowly, be aware and curve your spine vertebra by vertebra;
- Keeping the shoulders relaxed ensure that the shoulders must be away from ears;
- Breathe-out and gently bring the abdomen, chest and head back to the floor.
Note: Stretch and straighten out the torso as much as you can but don’t over-strain the body or overdo the stretch.
Tree yoga posture is valuable to improve the body balance as well as strengthen the legs. This yoga posture follows the graceful, steady posture of a tree.
How does it work? This yoga posture not only stretches the legs, arms and back but also brings balance and equilibrium to the body and rejuvenates the mind.
How to practice Tree Pose Correctly?
- Standing straight and tall keeping arms with side of the body;
- Bending the right knee, place the right foot high up on the left thigh;
- Ensure that the sole of the foot must be flat and firmly near the root of the thigh, also that the left leg is straight enough;
- Find your balance, once you are well balanced, breath in deeply and gracefully raise the arms over the head from side and get palms together in hands-folded position (Indian Namaste style);
- Look straight ahead and focus some object as steady gaze helps attain a steady balance;
- Make sure that spine is straight; the entire body should be taut, just like a stretched elastic band. Have deep breaths. While exhalation, relax the body and the mind more and more;
- Exhale slowly and get down the hands gently and then releasing the right leg;
- Repeat the pose now with other leg.
- Breathe slowly with gentle smile at the corners of your lips.
Lying-down Body Twist
This yoga posture not only stretches the spine and quadriceps but also brings deep relaxation to the body and the mind.
How to practice the Lying-down Body Twist Correctly?
- Lie down on the back, keeping arms stretched out in line with the shoulders horizontally and keep the palms down to the floor;
- Bring feet close to the hips and bend your knees; make sure that the sole of the feet are completely on the floor;
- Keeping head steady to the right, swing the knees to the left until the left knee touches the floor and the right knee and thigh are relaxing on the left knee and thigh;
- Turn the head to the right, repeat the pose to the other side in the same fashion;
- As you hold the pose, feel the stretch in the spine, stomach, neck, arms, groin and thighs;
- In between you may slowly bring the head back to center, and straighten the legs and torso and breathe slowly and feel relaxed.
The triangle posture strives to strengthen and stretch out the body muscles.
How does it work? This yoga posture not only puts fair pressure on the spine, calves, hamstring, hips and groin but also improves digestion and healing the spine.
How to practice Triangle Posture Correctly?
- Stand straight; raising the left hand straight up, bend the body to the right and stretch out to touch the right ankle with your right hand.
- Ensure that the body should be in shape of right-angled-triangle;
- Repeat and mirror the pose to the other side in the same fashion;
- Keep steady in the bending position for 30 seconds putting a tolerable pressure on the spine calves, hamstring, hips and groin.
Sun Salutation also called Surya Namaskar is a single perfect yoga posture which includes 12 postures in itself to stay fit and healthy.
How does it work? This yoga posture is best done in the early morning while the sun rises with the empty stomach. It constitutes 12 postures within itself and has graceful impact on the whole body that lasts throughout the day.
How to practice the 12 postures of Sun Salutation Correctly?
- Prayer Pose: Stand straight, keeping the feet together, balance the weight equally on the feet; Breathe in and expand the chest, relax the shoulders and lift arms up from sides and while exhaling, bring the palms closer in front of the chest as in prayer position.
- Raised Arms Pose: Breathe in and raise the arms up and back, make sure that the biceps are closer to the ears. This pose aims at stretching out the whole body up from the heels to the tips of the fingers. You may also push the pelvis forward a bit but be ensure that the objective is – to reaching up with the fingers and not bending backward.
- Hand-to-Foot Pose: Breathe out and bend forward from the waist while keeping the spine erect. Exhale slowly and bring the palms down to the floor, besides the feet. You may also bend the knees a little bit if necessary to bring the palms down to the floor and then making effort to straighten the knees.
- Equestrian Pose: Breathing in, move the right leg back, as far back as possible. Keeping the right knee to the floor stretch out to look up. Make sure that the left foot is precisely in between the palms.
- Stick Pose: Breathing in, take the left leg back too and get the whole body in a straight line. Ensure that arms are vertically straight to the floor.
- Salute with Eight Parts or Points: Breathing out, turn the knees down to the floor. Take the hips slightly upward, slide down the upper body, keeping the chest and chin on the floor, raise the posterior a little bit. Make sure that the eight parts as two hands, two feet, two knees, chest and chin are touching the floor.
- Cobra Pose: Breathe-in deep and lift your head, chest and abdomen slowly while keeping the bellybutton on the floor. With the help of hands pull the torso back and off the ground. Ensure that pressure on both the palms should be equal. Breath slowly, be aware and curve your spine vertebra by vertebra. Make sure to stretch out the torso as much as possible but don’t force any extra pressure.
- Downward Facing Dog Pose: Breathing out, uplift the hips and the tail bone upward, keep the chest downward as an inverted ‘V’ shape. Try to keep the heels on the floor and a soft effort to lift the tailbone up for deeper stretch.
- Equestrian Pose: Breathing in, move the right foot forward exactly in between the palms, keeping the left knee down to the floor, press the hips down and look up to deepen the stretch.
- Hand-to-Foot Pose: Breathing out, move the left foot forward and keep steady with palms on the floor. If necessary, you may bend the knees to keep the palms steady on the floor, once done then make effort to straighten the knees.
- Raised Arms Pose: Breathe in and roll the spine up and lift the arms up and back. Be sure that the biceps are closer to the ears. This pose aims at stretching out the whole body up from the heels to the tips of the fingers. You may also push the pelvis forward a little bit with an objective to stretch up more than bending backward.
- Mountain Pose: Breathing out, gently straighten the body. Bring down the arms. Relax and observe the sensation in the body in this position.
The correct cyclic practice of Sun Salutation helps promote proper functioning of complete body organs. It results in better spine flexibility and better immunity too.
All the above yoga poses help the body to bring more suppleness and definitely boost the increase in height. To maintain the vigor, along with regular yoga poses we need to adopt balanced and healthy eating choices too.